Because I’m lazy, because I’m currently importing Baby Einstein Lullaby CD’s onto my laptop, because my back aches and I can’t even see the space bar on the other side of my belly, and because my house is too messy to even think about, I’m going to do a New Years post that isn’t even really MY post, since I’m stealing the questions from someone else who stole them from someone else. So, without further ado. . .
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
I was going to say “ask someone else to tie my shoes for me” but then I realized that probably isn’t true. So instead I’ll fess up to being excited to receiving something called the Nose Frieda Snot Sucker as a present.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Hmm, well let’s see. Here they are.
Number 1: Success! But I DID lose my computer power cord for like 6 weeks, which I decided meant that the fates were telling me I should do no more than 3 hours of work a day (which is how long one charge from Ethan’s cord would last). It worked out well for me.
Number 2 (fab abs): Epic fail, as is evident here:
Number 3 (take more photos): In spite of complete inability to take photos at weddings, I really DID take more photos this year. But there is clearly room for improvement.
Numbers 4-11 (lots of little things): various successes and failures. I did not, however, drink nearly enough champagne. To be remedied this year, one hopes, for the love of god.
And will I make new ones? How about a repeat of the drinking more champagne one, and oh, I guess to you know, be a decent parent.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Oh lordy, I feel like the whole world is pregnant, and yet, why can I not remember who gave birth in 2011?! Please don’t hate me if your baby was born in 2011–today I also demanded that Ethan tell me where he put my coffee whole holding it in my hand. I’m an insane person, ok?
Oh Conor! He was born in 2011! Damn he’s a cute kid.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
That’s kind of a presumptuous one, don’t you think? I feel like the next question is going to be “which newspapers did you acquire?” or “how many cars did you buy?” But since you asked: England, As I’m sure you recall.
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A passion for cleaning our house.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Oh wow. Well I hate to fall down on the obvious here, but finding out we were going to be parents is a big one. May 31st. It was pretty stereotypical as far as these moments go. I screamed to Ethan from the bathroom at some crazy early hour in the morning, and Ethan was like “oh, huh, wow,” which later turned into something more closely resembling excitement and awakeness. It was a good day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Being on Fox News, as sad as that is. Good god that’s pathetic. Please say something more resembling an “achievement” happens in 2012. Like being on E! Entertainment Television.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Let’s just say that I have yet to be able to NOT lie when the dentist asks how often I floss. I’m sure there’s something bigger, but apparently I am very good at blocking things like that out.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Well I will say that the smartest thing I bought was a studded blue collar for One Eye. It’s very him.
12. Where did most of your money go?
These questions are so mean! Do they even want me to be excited about 2012. Sheesh.
13. What did you get really excited about?
Skipping this one on the off chance I’m boring you to death or sound like an insufferable pregnant person.
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
15. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter?Richer or poorer?
Happier, Fatter, Same.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Staying at home, cooking.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
18. How did you spend Christmas?
At home in Minnesota with all of Ethan’s family and our very first Christmas tree!
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts. . .
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
Can I pretend I didn’t read Freedom by Jonathan Franzen until 2011? Thanks.
I figure it’s just insulting at this point to make a new year’s resolution about posting to this blog more. So how about, this post not withstanding, I just say I’ll try to post better? In the mean time I’m off to waddle upstairs and fall asleep half way through folding some laundry. It’s really sexy. Just ask Ethan.